Hokianga Tourism Association Incorporated.
The Objects of the Association are as follows:
- To encourage and support a vibrant and viable tourism industry within the Hokianga.
- To encourage tourism development which is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
- To identify tourism opportunities and encourage the people of the Hokianga to participate in those opportunities.
- To promote Hokianga autonomously as a unique, quality destination.
- To support and strengthen existing and new tourism operators.
- To represent the Hokianga tourism industry in its dealings with local and central Government and authorities and all other organisations with an interest in tourism and related subject matters in the Hokianga area.
- To develop and encourage a positive spirit of co-operation between members and with other organisations in the tourism field within Northland and New Zealand.
- To assist other organisations in the promotion of tourism to Northland and Hokianga.
- To provide forums for the exchange and dissemination of ideas.
- To give effect to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- To observe the requirements of the Incorporated Societies Act and amendments regarding any change to the Objects listed.